In episode10 of the Sheffield Digital podcast, we’re joined by Mike Faulks, co-founder and director of Ioetec, a Sheffield company that provide a cloud service solution to connect Internet of Things (IoT) devices with end-to-end authenticated, encrypted security.
It was great to talk to Mike about all things cybersecurity and IoT. Ioetec are in the middle of a GCHQ accelerator programme too, which they were selected to be a part of last year. Mike was able to share the company’s experience and the impact it’s had on the business.
The second half of the show, as per usual, is spent going over some of the latest goings on in Sheffield’s Digital sector. That includes a great opportunity to get your company on a new directory, some news from Kollider, city centre wifi and an update from dotSHF.
Oh, and we also go through some upcoming events related to tech and digital. Go grab your headphones! And don’t forget to subscribe in your app of choosing.
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode 10.
- Internet of things – Wikipedia
- Blockchain – Wikipedia
- Sheffield start-up selected for GCHQ Cyber Accelerator – Sheffield Digital
- GCHQ Cyber Accelerator – Wayra
- The National Cyber Security Centre
- Brilliant international growth opportunity, China directory
- Huge tech hub in former Sheffield Co-op department store set to transform digital economy – The Star
- Annie Moss-Quate on Twitter: “Met some amazing women in Sheffield today…”
- Book your place on the Connected Manufacturing Workshop
- Apply to the Capital Enterprise Investor Lounge
- Meet our members | Sheffield Digital
- Become a member of Sheffield Digital
Did I miss something you’re looking for? Just get in touch and let me know.
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.