Episode 12 of the Sheffield Digital Podcast is now available for your listening pleasure. It features a conversation with Tom Wolfenden, Centre Manager of Sheffield Technology Parks, who talks about the new Cooper Project. It’s both a workspace and practical support for new startups and tech companies who want to get off on the right foot.
In part two, I’m joined by Mel and Chris to go through all the latest news and updates from Sheffield’s digital sector. This time round, that includes the new software developer apprenticeship at The Sheffield College, the Sheffield City Region mayoral election, Smart City hackathons and lots of stuff from the recent meeting of the economy branch of dot.shf – the digital coalition.
Then it’s on to the usual upcoming meetups and events, but not before a rather unexpected diversion into innovation theory. Go and grab your headphones. Enjoy your listening.
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode 12.
- Sheffield Technology Parks – Sheffield Technology Park
- Tom Wolfenden | LinkedIn
- Cooper Project – A Supportive Startup Community – Sheffield Technology Park
- Huge tech hub in former Sheffield Co-op department store set to transform digital economy – The Star
- More progress on software developer apprenticeship at Sheffield College – Sheffield Digital
- Northcoders | The Coding Bootcamp For The North
- SCR – About the Mayoral Election – Sheffield City Region
- Devolution – what does it mean for the tech sector? – Sheffield Digital
- Smart City IoT Hackathons from the Sheffield Things Network – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield – The Things Network Community
- Sheffield Hardware Hackers and Makers
- Sheffield’s Digital Coalition (@dotSHF) | Twitter
- Sheffield’s 1st Annual Digital Conference – OUTPUTS – Sheffield Digital
- Simon Ogden | LinkedIn
- The imprisonment of Mary Queen of Scots in Sheffield (1570-1584) – History Scotland
- A city underground: the hidden secrets that lie beneath Sheffield – ‘the Megatron’ – Yorkshire Post
- Sheffield Creative Guild
- What Channel 4’s strategy announcement means for Sheffield – Sheffield Digital
- University of Sheffield wins bid to enhance collaboration on the Internet of Things – Latest – News – The University of Sheffield
- Home – Urban Flows Observatory
- Urban Flows (@UrbanFlowsObs) | Twitter
- Technological determinism – Wikipedia
- IDEO | ideo.com
- Leeds Digital Festival The North’s Largest Digital Festival 16-27 Apr ’18
- Riverside Game Night 3!
- Start your Friday with #GeekBrekky – Sheffield Digital
- Meet our members | Sheffield Digital
- Become a member of Sheffield Digital
Did I miss something you’re looking for? Just get in touch and let me know.
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.