Episode 7 of the Sheffield Digital Podcast features a really interesting interview with Kathleen O’Donnell and Nathan Woodcock, both from Fragomen LLP. They are experts in immigration and employment law and provide a fantastic overview of the system and how it affects both companies and individuals.
In the second half of the show, Mel and Chris go through some of the city’s digital sector highlights from the last month or so. That includes info on the Channel 4 bid, IoT Tribe North’s accelerator programme, the Urban Flows Observatory competition, and a whole host of news and success stories from Sheffield companies.
Finally, I need to say something about the sound quality. It’s not quite as it should be for some irritating technical reasons, but once you get used to it, you should be all right. Hopefully, the content makes up for it!
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode seven.
- Fragomen’s Brexit microsite
- Fragomen’s alerts page
- Tech Nation Visa Scheme
- UK residence for EU citizens: Permanent residence after 5 years – GOV.UK
- Migration Advisory Committee – GOV.UK
- Call for footage for #C4Sheffield video
- Joi Polloi | Creative digital content and systems
- IOT Tribe North accelerator programme – Sheffield Digital
- City’s energy and resource usage to be understood by new Observatory – The University of Sheffield
- Sheffield Urban Flows Observatory | Built Environment (RISE)
- Urban Flows Sensor Build Competition | Built Environment (RISE)
- Games developer Sumo to seek listing on UK’s Aim market
- Sheffield-born tech tycoon provides boost for computer science in schools
- The Floow welcomes UK Minister for International Trade to Sheffield HQ – The Floow
- Private Tutors At Affordable Prices | Tutorful (formerly Tutora)
- Sport Management Technology from Sport:80
- The Platform Xmas Party Tickets | Eventbrite
- Employers and the UTC – how to get involved with Creative & Digital Media – Sheffield Digital
- FrontEndNorth speakers and £20 discount – Sheffield Digital
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.