Our Digital Showcase events lift the lid on the people, projects and firms in our digital industries across the full range of activity – from hardware to content, mobile apps to ‘triple-A’ video games, virtual theatre performances to immersive data visualisations. Much of the work created here is recognised around the world but is not well known in its own backyard – we want to change this and make sure the whole city knows about it!
The Digital Showcases are for industry pros and the general public alike – the format is similar to a talk show, with guests invited on stage to explain their projects by showing the work and process with images or short videos. The host is our own Chris Dymond, who will ask questions to delve into the details of how the project came about, how it was made and by whom, and what its impact has been, while also summarising and explaining in simple language to make the tech understandable to everyone attending.
The event has three parts:
5:30-6pm – Arrival
An opportunity to unwind after work, meet other people and enjoy a drink – either soft or alcoholic.
6:00-7:00pm – Interviews
Each guest slot is limited to 10 minutes. They’ll demonstrate a digital product, experience or service that has been made here in the city, or nearby, within the last 6 months or so.
There will also be a short update of upcoming events and initiatives, as well as an opportunity for members of the audience to promote relevant things.
7:00-8:00pm – Food and Networking.
Food will be served at 7pm, and the event aims to finish around 8pm.
The lineup is still being finalised, with three sets of guests confirmed so far:
- Kisha Bradley, the founder of Bright Box Makerspace, talks about kids in digital and how her team gets everyone playing with tech!
- Jamie Hinton, CEO of Razor, and Head of Build Andy Gunn introduce Market of Mums and explain how they built one of the fastest-growing online marketplaces in the country.
- Gemma Barnes and Nigel Jones from HM Prison and Probation Service Digital Studio on their efforts to build a media and information platform for prisoners, allowing them to better navigate their lives inside.
- Ed Hardie and Richard Groves from Impelling Solutions will present their brand new Studysafe internet filtering product for primary schools, explain how it safely empowers teachers to manage internet access, and talk about their experience starting an EdTech company in the Sheffield city region.
- David Forrester, CEO and Jamie Tyler, Marketing Co-ordinator of Lightwork Design in the UK, on how Slipstream can automatically process 3D data ready for stunning VR design review experiences. They have recently worked with American based company Hackrod to take their data and automatically process it using Slipstream.
Please check the Eventbrite listing for up to date information as the programme shapes up!
[button url=”http://digitalshowcase3.eventbrite.co.uk/” style=”darkred”]Get your tickets here before they sell out![/button]
The event is free to attend, and is supported by Sheffield Digital and by The Platform, which is the creative industry networking series produced by Showroom/Workstation, Sheffield Technology Parks and Business Sheffield.
There are opportunities for additional sponsors to support the event, with co-branding of both the event itself and the media which will be produced and published subsequently (all talks will be filmed and published on Sheffield Digital’s YouTube channel).
Sponsorship costs are:
- £150 for Sheffield Digital members.
- £200 for non-members.
Please contact email@example.com to request an example sponsorship agreement.