Episode 30 of the Sheffield Digital Podcast is now available and features an interview with Red McKay, CEO of Bossa Nova Robotics in Europe. The company set up shop in Sheffield in 2018 and we loved hearing Red’s enthusiasm and passion for his home city.
From transport links and house prices to general quality of life, Red talked about why Bossa Nova chose to have its first Europe office in Sheffield. He also covered his own story and how he grew up in the city before establishing a successful career in retail.
Bossa Nova is doing some pretty impressive things with its robotics technology, which navigates autonomously and uses AI to determine product inventory data. The company is a brilliant addition to the tech sector in Sheffield – huge thanks to Red for joining us.
As always, in the second half of the show, we cover a range of news and events-based topics, including:
- a look back at the second Sheffield Digital Showcase
- an update on the Sheffield Digital Festival
- upcoming meet-ups and events in Sheffield.
Don’t forget, if your podcast app of choice supports chapters, you can skip between sections!
Thanks to Rebel Base Media
This episode was recorded in the brand new podcasting studio at Rebel Base Media, based at Sheffield Technology Parks. The studio is free to use until June and it’s got all the gear you need to produce a properly professional podcast. You should head over and give it a try.
Subscribe to the show
If you’d like to have new episodes of the show appear right in your podcast player, you can subscribe via our page on Apple Podcasts or search for us in your podcast app of choice!
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode 30.
- Red Mckay on LinkedIn
- Bossa Nova opens first international office in Sheffield, UK
- Sheffield is European headquarters for US robotics firm revolutionising supermarket shopping – The Star
- Product Inventory Data for Retail | Bossa Nova Robotics
- Bossa Nova robot navigates autonomously and use AI for on-shelf inventory analysis – YouTube
- Announcing the 2nd Sheffield Digital Showcase – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield Digital Festival – 17 May 2019
- Kommune Sheffield
- Meet our members | Sheffield Digital
- Become a member of Sheffield Digital
Did I miss something you’re looking for? Just get in touch and let me know.
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.