The second episode of the Sheffield Digital Podcast is here and this time we’re joined by a very special guest in Mark Gannon, Sheffield City Council’s new CIO.
Having recently announced our partnership with the Council, this is a great opportunity for you to hear all about how it happened, what it means and what we hope it will bring. The episode also includes a brief update on the city’s various tech-hubs-in-progress and the release of our new Slack guide and code of conduct.
There’s also time to look ahead to a few events for your calendar. Make a brew, grab your headphones and settle in.
New intro music
Notes and links
With every episode, we provide a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is the list of links for episode two.
- Sheffield City Council joins Sheffield Digital
- Mark Gannon on Twitter
- Mark Gannon on LinkedIn
- Sheffield City Council hires Mark Gannon as its CIO
- Sheffield’s Digital Snapshot Report
- Sheffield digital sector ‘on cusp of something big’, says new report – The University of Sheffield
- Tech North Summer Showcase follow up
- £3.5m digital hub plan for Sheffield’s listed old Coop – The Star
- kolliderprojects (@Kollider_Sheff) | Twitter
- Sheffield Digital events calendar
- Sheffield – Open Tech Calendar
- Meetups Airtable
- Digital Policy Conflab 3 – Eventbrite
- Our Slack code of conduct – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield Digital membership
- Sheffield Digital on Twitter
- Birchenall Howden