Episode 41 of the Sheffield Digital Podcast is out in the wild and contains an announcement – that we’re taking on ownership of the Open Tech Calendar. This is a chance for you to hear Chris explain how this all came about and why we think Sheffield Digital can take the project forward.
Since Sheffield Digital started, the Open Tech Calendar, which was created by James Baster of JMB Technologies, has been the glue that’s held our own events calendar together. It’s open source, open data and shall remain so as we look to build on the platform and encourage more and more people to use it.
As I say, best thing to do is listen to the episode and hear the hows, whys and wherefores directly from Chris. After that, we discuss other exciting topics, including:
- the Sheffield Digital Quarterly Briefing publication
- Mel’s experience judging the Top Tech: Yorkshire competition
- the careers fair at University of Sheffield
- Mel meeting the new Head of Digital at Barnsley College.
Feel free to send feedback to email@example.com if you have any thoughts or suggestions. We’re all ears!
Thanks to Rebel Base Media
This episode was recorded at Rebel Base Media in their new podcasting studio based at Sheffield Technology Parks . The studio is fantastic and has all the gear you need to produce a properly professional podcast. They also offer podcasting advice and you can even rent a mobile studio for recording in the field.
Subscribe to the show
If you’d like to have new episodes of the show appear right in your podcast player, you can subscribe via our page on Apple Podcasts or search for us in your podcast app of choice!
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode 38.
- Sheffield Digital acquire the Open Tech Calendar! (At least temporarily) – Sheffield Digital
- Big news; Sheffield Digital will run the calendar from now on – Open Tech Calendar
- Welcome – Open Tech Calendar Open Tech Calendar
- Events Calendar – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield’s AMT secures $5.2m funding – Sheffield Digital
- Meet the Meetup: ProductTank Sheffield – Sheffield Digital
- Episode 40: Rohit Chakraborty on the Urban Flows Observatory and collecting Sheffield’s physical data – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield Digital Showcase #4 – watch the talks! – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield Digital Quarterly Briefings – Sheffield Digital
- Are you a Yorkshire Top Tech company? – Sheffield Digital
- Meet our members | Sheffield Digital
- Become a member of Sheffield Digital
Did I miss something you’re looking for? Just get in touch and let me know.
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.