Over the last twelve months we’ve celebrated the digital products, services, campaigns and experiences that are made in Sheffield every few months, and introduced audiences both online and off to the people who made them.
From Triple-A video games, to media platforms for inmates; from major reality TV series to immersive data visualisations; from engineering in virtual reality to places where kids can build things from cardboard and code, we’ve been warmed and inspired by the fantastic things that are produced right here on our doorstep.
You can see these stories by watching the videos from our previous events, and our Winter Showcase will definitely be no different!
The Digital Showcases are for industry pros and the general public alike – the format is similar to a talk show, with guests invited on stage to explain their projects by showing the work and process with images or short videos. The host is our own Chris Dymond, who will ask questions to delve into the details of how the project came about, how it was made and by whom, and what its impact has been, while also summarising and explaining in simple language to make the tech understandable to everyone attending.
As always food and refreshments are provided by our venue hosts at The Workstation, and the event is produced in association with The Platform, the creative industries business networking series from Showroom Workstation, Sheffield Technology Parks and Business Sheffield.
We would especially love more young people and students to come and find out what gets made here, and would like to extend an invitation to the universities, colleges and all schools in the city and region to encourage your students and staff to come and see the fruits of our local digital technology industry for yourselves.
The event has three parts:
5:30-6pm – Arrival
An opportunity to unwind after work, meet other people and enjoy a drink – either soft or alcoholic. For this Christmas special there will also be mulled wine.
6:00-7:00pm – Talks
Each guest slot is limited to 10 minutes. In conversation with Chris, they’ll demonstrate a digital product, experience or service that has been made here in the city, or nearby, within the last 6 months or so.
There will also be a short update of upcoming events and initiatives, as well as an opportunity for members of the audience to promote relevant things.
7:00-9:00pm – Food and Networking.
Food will be served at 7pm, and the event aims to finish around 9pm.
The food for the Christmas special is Turkey and Cranberry sandwiches with Vegan Sausages as the veggie/ vegan alternative.
Our confirmed guests are:
- Adiam Amanuel, Founder of 721, shares how she has created a new type of social discovery App aimed at helping to showcase the best of what the Steel City has to offer.
- Dan Dukeson from Pendo on how his startup integrated their product into a larger tech business after being acquired.
- Martin Benson, Head of AI Consulting at Jaywing, and Tim Latham, Owner of Datatrainer, present Archetype, Jaywing’s new easy to use and algorithmically transparent artificial intelligence engine.
- James Jefferies from ShedCode introduces us to Energy Sparks, the project which is empowering children and school staff to fight climate change and reduce their energy bills.
- Sam Briggs from Starling Solutions who has built a platform for manufacturers to manage step-by-step instructions for their processes, and track who has been trained on these.
Please check the Eventbrite for up to date information on the guests , info on accessibility and to register.
[button url=”http://digitalshowcase5.eventbrite.com/” style=”darkred”]Register for the Sheffield Digital Christmas Showcase![/button]
There are opportunities for additional sponsors to support the event, with co-branding of both the event itself and the media which will be produced and published subsequently (all talks will be filmed and published on Sheffield Digital’s YouTube channel).
Please contact email@example.com for more info!