This is a very special episode of the Sheffield Digital Podcast, as it includes all of the interviews from the autumn Sheffield Digital Showcase. Chris Dymond spoke to a collection of Sheffield’s excellent tech folk to present and celebrate some of the digital work produced in the city.
Don’t forget, you can also watch the talks as well as listen to them.
- Joe Handsaker, the Founder and CEO of Elements Technology, introduces the Elements Platform which provides a simple plug-and-play system for automating manufacturing processes.
- Paul Hilton, Technical Director at Can Studios, explains how an overhaul of their technology stack has made their e-learning platform accessible even to small companies, entrepreneurs and start-ups – in contrast to most learning management systems.
- Laura Smith, CEO of Slanted Theory, demonstrates how their ALAIRA platform delivers engaging interactive experiences in virtual and augmented reality that enable non-specialists to explore their data like never before.
- Dom Barter, founder of Hexos, introduces his new digital service which visualises public transport data across the whole of the UK to generate accurate travel time “heatmaps” for any location.
- John and Ib from Qubic Aerial explain how technologies like volumetric scanning, LIDAR, drones and high performance computing are transforming the surveying industry.
A big thank you to all our speakers and do bag a ticket for the upcoming winter/Christmas showcase, which takes place on 12th December.
Thanks to our partners
This Showcase event was once again in collaboration with The Platform and held at The Workstation, so huge thanks to them for the continued support.
Subscribe to the show
If you’d like to have new episodes of the show appear right in your podcast player, you can subscribe via our page on Apple Podcasts or search for us in your podcast app of choice!
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.