We’re back after a brief summer hiatus with a brand new episode of the Sheffield Digital Podcast. We were delighted to have Katie Taylor, Sales and Marketing Lead at Kollider Projects, join us to share all sorts of exciting updates on the progress being made at Castle House.
She gave us a fantastic overview of what’s happening on each floor of the building, from Kommune down at the bottom to the top-floor- tech incubator that’s now full of interesting people and companies. Katie also told us about Kurious Arts, a new arts incubator in development that will focus on all things writing, photography, film and the like.
Perhaps most importantly, there are still many opportunities for Sheffield’s digital folk to get involved with what’s going on at Kollider. That starts with a series of upcoming events that we heartily recommend you check out and consider going to.
In the second half of the show, Mel and Chris do their usual thing of talking through some of the significant happenings and comings up in the city, including:
- the Sheffield Digital AGM and why it’s a members event
- the next Sheffield Digital Showcase event
- Sheffield City Council’s new speciality support team.
Okay doke. Off you pop to fetch your headphones and listen up to episode 37 of the Sheffield Digital Podcast.
Thanks to Rebel Base Media
This episode was recorded at Rebel Base Media in their new podcasting studio based at Sheffield Technology Parks . The studio is fantastic and has all the gear you need to produce a properly professional podcast. They also offer podcasting advice and you can even rent a mobile studio for recording in the field.
Subscribe to the show
If you’d like to have new episodes of the show appear right in your podcast player, you can subscribe via our page on Apple Podcasts or search for us in your podcast app of choice!
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode 34.
- Kollider | Castle House | Sheffield
- Katie Taylor | LinkedIn
- Create, innovate and grow | Barclays Eagle Labs
- Kurious R&D – Curiouser and Kuriouser – Kurious Art
- Online Coding Courses | Learn to Code | The Developer Academy
- Paper We’re a user research and design studio
- National Videogame Museum
- What’s On | Kollider | Castle House | Sheffield
- THE HIDE – URBAN EVENTS SPACE IN SHEFFIELD
- Sheffield Digital Autumn Showcase – Sheffield Digital
- Elements Technology | Your Factory, But Smarter
- Can Studios
- Slanted Theory
- About · Dom Barter
- Meet Sheffield’s advisers for tech businesses – Sheffield Digital
- Meet our members | Sheffield Digital
- Become a member of Sheffield Digital
Did I miss something you’re looking for? Just get in touch and let me know.
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.