We’re looking for a User Researcher who wants to make a lasting impact on how the Home Office delivers user-centred products and services.
You’ll work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team in Migration Borders Technology Portfolio on some of the most exciting and impactful services that government delivers for the public, as well as internal systems for more than 35,000 staff across the department.
Some of the projects you could work on include:
- The asylum application process
- Live services such as visa and immigration products
- Systems used by Border Force officers
- Internal case working systems
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding and applying a range of user research methods correctly for different life cycle phases
- Clearly articulating to stakeholders the benefits of taking a user-centred approach, based on evidence
- Applying ethical research standards and practices to ensure the safeguarding and wellbeing of participants and researchers
- Researching diverse audiences to deliver accessible and inclusive digital services
- Managing, executing and analysing usability testing to deliver valuable user insights that inform decisions
- Communicating research findings in a clear and engaging way that drives change
Please note for this role you will require a SC clearance. To meet national security vetting requirements you will normally need to have been resident in the UK for at least 5 years.
💜 Some of the benefits our employees love 💜
- one of the higher starting salaries across the Civil Service
- a Civil Service pension with employer contribution rates of between 26.6% and 30.3%, depending upon salary
- 25 days annual leave on appointment, plus 8 days public holidays and 1 day for the King’s Birthday, rising further with service
- flexible working options to enable you to achieve the work life balance that right for you including part-time, flexi time and job sharing
- training and development opportunities tailored to your role
- an in-year bonus scheme
- a culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
For full job description and salary please follow the “Apply” link.
To apply for this job please visit www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk.