Skills and Talent is a significant issue for digital businesses in Sheffield and is an important focus area for Sheffield Digital.
By creating this dedicated section on our website, we aim to provide a central resource and information point for businesses to find out what is happening and how you can get involved.
We’ll be adding content to it over the coming weeks. Please let us know if you have something to add, or something particular that you would like us to find out about.
We’re extremely grateful to Liz Wallis from Sero Consulting for her help in creating the content for this section.
Sero is an education and skills consultancy, based in Sheffield, that specialises in the underpinning role of digital technologies in learning and work. They are active across all phases of education including schools, colleges, universities and adult and community learning. Their clients are local, national and international, including government-funded agencies, local authorities, City Region teams, further and higher education institutions, industry bodies and commercial companies.
Sero does five types of work:
- Helping to design and build IT systems, mainly for universities, focused on library, learning and knowledge services
- Supporting computing and digital skills development, mainly in the pre-19 space, but also for the needs of the IT and CDI sectors
- Designing curriculum related to computing and CDI specialisms – contributing to both of Sheffield’s UTCs and The Sheffield College, for example
- Undertaking marketing and student recruitment for education-based projects – including recruitment for both UTCs
- Managing and delivering education projects related to their specialisms – such as the Code>Make>Win competition for Sheffield City Council.
Much of Sero’s work champions high-quality, careers-led education, bridging the gap between education and business in the IT and digital sectors.