Our Data Protection Principles:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
- Data will never be sold, or given, to any third party organisation for marketing purposes.
All users of Sheffield Digital’s website & services are entitled to:
- Ask what information we hold about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed what we are doing to comply with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
We currently request, collect and store data for these purposes:
- Website analytics.
- Subscriptions to our Email Newsletter.
- Requests for invitations to the Sheffield Digital Slack Team.
- Job postings, including website registration by authorised users posting new jobs.
- Membership subscriptions, including payment.
(payment details are never stored on our servers. they are passed directly to our secure payment provider and never retained by us).
- Comments on blog posts.
- Email and internal contacts lists.
In addition, we use these external services which may collect user data:
- Places posted to the Ecosystem Map – this data is controlled by MapMe, based in Israel.
- Data provided to the Sheffield Digital Slack Team – this data is controlled by Slack Inc, based in the United States.
- Gmail, Mailchimp, Basecamp, Trello.
Our data security measures include:
- End-to-end encryption via HTTPS across the whole of the Sheffield Digital website.
- All Sheffield Digital website data is backed up via our hosting provider.
- Other internal data is hosted and backed up in Google Drive.
- All account credentials are held securely and never written down or communicated on unencrypted channels.