Episode 39 of the Sheffield Digital Podcast is available now and we’re shaking things up a bit. This is our first show where we separate our usual interview from the news and updates. And this show is the latter!
In the first part of the show you can hear Mel and Chris talk about how things are going with Sheffield Digital (really well!) as well as some of the challenges that we face (time! resources!).
More than anything, I think the chat is a call to action for more people to take advantage of the platform that Sheffield Digital has become. Write for the blog, go to a meetup, start a channel on Slack – it’s all there for you to use however you see fit.
After that, we discuss other exciting topics, including:
- the autumn showcase event and plans for the future
- reaction to the recent ‘no-deal Brexit’ event
- the range of tech growth programmes available from Tech Nation
- an update on the National Centre for Ed Tech.
We hope you think that making these updates an episode of their one is a good idea. We want to make sure it’s as easy as possible for people to listen to them and hear what’s going on in the city’s digital sector.
Feel free to send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any thoughts or suggestions. We’re all ears!
Thanks to Rebel Base Media
This episode was recorded at Rebel Base Media in their new podcasting studio based at Sheffield Technology Parks . The studio is fantastic and has all the gear you need to produce a properly professional podcast. They also offer podcasting advice and you can even rent a mobile studio for recording in the field.
Subscribe to the show
If you’d like to have new episodes of the show appear right in your podcast player, you can subscribe via our page on Apple Podcasts or search for us in your podcast app of choice!
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode 38.
- About us – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield Digital Quarterly Briefings – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield Digital partners with Shorts’ Radius to offer R&D tax reliefs service. – Sheffield Digital
- Are you a Yorkshire Top Tech company? – Sheffield Digital
- Who’s Prepared for a ‘No Deal’ Brexit? – Sheffield Digital
- No Deal Brexit – Guidance and Videos – Sheffield Digital
- Episode 38: Scott Burkinshaw on helping tech companies benefit from innovation funding – Sheffield Digital
- Meet our members | Sheffield Digital
- Become a member of Sheffield Digital
Did I miss something you’re looking for? Just get in touch and let me know.
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.