Episode 39 of the Sheffield Digital Podcast is available now and features an interview with Scott Burkinshaw, Tax Partner at Shorts and Head of Radius, the company’s new service set up to help tech businesses with R&D tax credits and innovation funding.
It was great to speak to Scott about all manner of things, including the innovation landscape in Sheffield, the city’s strengths and weaknesses, and how things are looking given the current situation with Brexit.
Most of all though, we asked Scott about Radius. Shorts are working with Sheffield companies to help them make the most of the government’s R&D tax credits, so we wanted know how it works and who is eligible. Basically, if you’re doing something interesting with tech, you need to find out more.
In part two, Mel and Chris share their updates from the last few weeks, which includes:
- a look back at the Sheffield Digital AGM
- information about the Top Tech Yorkshire competition
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Future Leaders Fellowships
- the upcoming ‘No-Deal Brexit’ preparations event
- the latest on Kurious Arts, a new arts incubator at Castle House.
And that’s it! Go and get yourself stuck in to episode 38!
Thanks to Rebel Base Media and Spaces
This episode was recorded at Rebel Base Media in their new podcasting studio based at Sheffield Technology Parks . The studio is fantastic and has all the gear you need to produce a properly professional podcast. They also offer podcasting advice and you can even rent a mobile studio for recording in the field.
Subscribe to the show
If you’d like to have new episodes of the show appear right in your podcast player, you can subscribe via our page on Apple Podcasts or search for us in your podcast app of choice!
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode 38.
- Sheffield Digital partners with Shorts’ Radius to offer R&D tax reliefs service. – Sheffield Digital
- Are you a Yorkshire Top Tech company? – Sheffield Digital
- Sheffield Digital’s Annual General Meetup – Sheffield Digital
- Who’s Prepared for a ‘No Deal’ Brexit? – Sheffield Digital
- Curiouser and Kuriouser – Kurious Art
- Sheffield Content Club
- Meet Sheffield’s advisers for tech businesses – Sheffield Digital
- Meet our members | Sheffield Digital
- Become a member of Sheffield Digital
Did I miss something you’re looking for? Just get in touch and let me know.
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.