Episode 16 of the Sheffield Digital Podcast is out and features a conversation with Emma Cooper, co-curator of Playgrounds, a week-long free exhibition of interactive art for children and families.
Emma has worked in Sheffield’s digital sector for many years, so we also talk to her about all sorts of other topics too. That includes finding a way to describe what we do, the new Sheffield Women in Tech group/meetup, and how children and young people interact with all things digital.
Sadly, Mel was away for the recording, but me and Chris really enjoyed talking to Emma. If you’re part of or have an interest in Sheffield’s digital community, I think you will find plenty to think about and chew over.
Notes and links
Every episode comes with a list of links to all of the various people, companies and topics that we reference. Here is that list for episode 16.
- Meet Lively – Hello! My name is Emma.
- Emma Von Cooper (@em_cooper) | Twitter
- Playground – Private Evening Viewing Tickets, Thu, 5 Jul 2018 at 17:00 | Eventbrite
- CMC Playground 2018 – A free interactive digital art exhibition for children
- Team Cooper – The Digital Amusements Agency
- Episode 9: Leila Johnston on digital art, artificial intelligence and robot crows – Sheffield Digital
- The Children’s Media Conference (CMC)
- Joi Polloi
- The best for Raspberry Pi, micro:bit, and Arduino — Pimoroni
- Dan Hett – The Loss Levels
- The Loss Levels by danhett
- Sheffield Digital events calendar
- Meet our members | Sheffield Digital
- Become a member of Sheffield Digital
Did I miss something you’re looking for? Just get in touch and let me know.
Join the conversation
Thank you for the music
Thanks again to Alex Mclean – aka Yaxu – for the show’s intro music, licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.