Tes is an international provider of digital solutions, which is passionate about using technology to make life easier for schools and teachers. All products and services are built with teachers and schools needs at the core, ensuring they are innovative, trusted education solutions.
You will be joining an evolving agile team that includes Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Quality Assurance, and fellow Engineers. You will be working in a team that actively encourages openness and respect of one another. You will work alongside your team using transparent processes to inspect, adapt and continuously learn and improve.
- Work within a Scrum Team to deliver agreed functionality fit for release throughout each sprint cycle.
- Actively participate in scrum events and workshops, including sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Take ownership of deploying your code to all environments and release it to our customers.
- Provide support, mentorship, and guidance to other team members.
- Work alongside other Engineers and Heads of Product Development on Tes’ Architecture and Engineering culture.
- Bringing in innovative ideas on technology and process to improve the product and delivery.
- Happy to contribute and share knowledge amongst their own team and Tes Engineering via knowledge sharing meetings.
What will you need to succeed?
- A good understanding of design patterns and hexagonal architecture.
- Hands on experience calling APIs (particularly REST APIs) and working with API blueprints.
- Working knowledge of both NoSQL and relational database technologies.
- Good written and verbal skills, able to translate concepts into easily understood diagrams and visuals for both technical and non-technical people alike.
- Experience with microservices using technologies like Docker for local development and Kubernetes for running live services.
- Experience working with quality assurance engineers and taking a test-driven approach to development.
- A good understanding of CI/CD principles. Experience with feature toggling and A/B testing.
What do you get in return?
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- 5% pension after probation
- Hybrid working, 3+ days in the office
- Health care cash plan
- State of the art city centre offices
- Access to a range of benefits via My Benefits World
- Discounted city centre parking
- Free eye care cover
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- EAP (Employee assistance programme)
- Monthly Tes Socials
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
Who are Tes?
Tes powers schools and enables great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education. For more than 100 years, we’ve supported schools and been a champion of great teaching. As education is changing, so are we. We’ve grown to provide a wide range of products to help schools and students flourish.
We work together with teachers and schools to build trusted education solutions that help them to be the best they can be. From safeguarding and compliance, to staff and pupil management, and professional development and SEND provision, our innovative and flexible services help teachers and school leaders worldwide to provide the best education to millions of children.
Tes has over 13m teachers in its online community and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries. Tes brings educators together online so they can share expertise and teaching resources and it provides them with vital information, research and analysis about education via its fully digital Tes Magazine.
Tes is a global company employing over 600 people and operating across 10 offices, including in London, Sheffield, Hong Kong, Sydney, and Dubai. We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal. We are an agile organisation striving for continuous improvement. We invest in our people with extensive learning and development opportunities and support our colleagues with various mentoring and career enhancement programmes.
Tes Global will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.