We’re looking for an innovative Lead Platform Engineer who is passionate about designing, deploying and managing the server and network infrastructure that underpin all projects at Razor. What we’re looking for is skills, attitude and the right person to join the Razor team.
The Lead Platform Engineer at Razor has responsibility and ownership of all processes that sit within platform engineering. They define the standards for high quality, secure infrastructure, deployment processes and automation tooling. As a Lead role, the Lead Platform Engineer has input into all projects, working closely with the build teams and technical leads to help them design and implement the correct project infrastructure and make suggestions where appropriate. They also automate deployment scripts, pipelines and ensure deployment standards are implemented consistently.
We’re looking for someone who has a strong commercial and budget management skillset and who can support project teams to make proactive, timely decisions that benefit the client and project team.
We need somebody who’s up for the challenge! You need to be in line with our vision and values and be a great cultural fit. The people who thrive here are open to new things, have strong opinions loosely held, don’t mind asking and don’t mind being asked, and are happy to share their knowledge.
We are looking for someone who has the following experience:
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure and deployment architectures; primarily Azure but experience in AWS or GCP also beneficial)
- Proficient in Bicep scripting (or alternatives such as Pulumi or Terraform) to automate the deployment of infrastructure
- Experience of Azure DevOps with a particular focus on security, version control and package management.
- Creation and maintenance of Azure DevOps pipelines to support the Razor Continuous
- Integration and Continuous Deployment principles
- Understands and is experienced with cloud storage, compute, networking, security and scalability principals
- Experience in software development to understand implementation decisions and limitations around a technology
- Experience in container deployment and scaling in a cloud architecture
- Experience in failover solutions in multi regional deployments to support client resilience requirements
- Strong understanding of the time and efficiency impact of infrastructure decisions and their impact on clients budgets and any existing infrastructure
Any of these qualifications would be a bonus too:
AZ104 – Azure Administrator Associate
AZ500 – Azure Security Engineer Associate
AZ700 – Azure Network Engineer Associate
We are committed to creating a fair, transparent and just place to work. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer, this nationally recognised badge demonstrates we support Disabled employees and candidates.
We can’t wait to hear from you 🙌
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.